Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Baby Sneezed In My Face

The past two weeks have been rough. First my husband got sick, then Bunny followed by Awesome A. Now it's my turn.  I'm certain if I logged my symptoms into my WebMD App the app result would be "you're going to die" or polio. I think the common cold my husband and children had mutated by the time it got to me. When I feel like about about to get sick or if someone is sick in my household I usually start popping vitamin C tablets which usually does the trick. However, my vitamin C regimen has failed me and I feel awful.
 I used feel guilty about laying down when I was sick. Why? Because I'm a mommy and my babies need me. I somehow figured that giving birth gave me special powers. If not full immunity to illness, at least partial immunity. I could have malaria and do four loads of laundry, take the kids to the park and have dinner on the table by six.  Of course germs would understand that I didn't have time to be sick and go easy on me. I thought my succumbing to the symptoms of a cold somehow made me weak because I was a mother. How crazy was I?!?!?! 
Now when I'm sick and the hubby is home I say in bed and take care of myself. If my husband happens to be gone my children and I have pajama day. I'm also lucky to have great milspouse friends who bring me soup and watch my kids. Good friends are essential to the survival of the Milspouse (more on this later).
My hubby is home today and I've spent the majority of my day in bed so far. The children are still alive and the house hasn't burned down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment