Wednesday, January 29, 2014

12 Months of Exclusive Breastfeeding (in 2 days)

When I found out I was pregnant with Bunny and planned to breastfeed exclusively for at least year. I breastfeed Awesome A until he was 6 months old when he weaned on his own. On the 31st of January Bunny will be a year old. I'm quite proud of myself because there were a few times when I thought about giving up. I had supply issues and was dependent on a nipple shield for a few months in the beginning. I'm so glad that I kept going and had so much support.

Now that the one year mark is approaching various people including my husband keep asking me if I plan to stop nursing Bunny. The answer is simple. I plan to stop nursing when Bunny is ready. I am a big fan of baby led weaning and as of right now my daughter rather nurse than drink out of her sippy cup. However, I have no plans of  showing up for lunch when Bunny's in kindergarten with a nursing cover, Boppy and thermos of Mother's Milk Tea. So, for now I'll keep offering her a sippy cup and nurse her a few times a day and before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment